When to give your dog a bath – Pet Fresh Dog Wash
Your dog needs a bath. Even if they don’t like them. Here’s why.
Dogs roll around in messes, be it mud, carpet, or grass. They also love to play and run through the sprinkler on a hot day, which will leave them pretty dirty afterward. This can lead to skin problems if you don’t give your dog a bath now and then.
Public places, including dog parks, are a great places for your dog to pick up fleas, ticks, and other parasites. This is not a good thing if you have young children in the house or just don’t want them running around everywhere.
On top of all that, bathing will help keep your dog’s skin from flaking off anywhere they were licking at it.
Therefore it has been proven that washing your dog every two weeks leads to a healthier and happier dog because feeling fresh gives them that spunk that they need!
The top five benefits of washing your dog are:
2. Helps prevent parasites and cuts down on their spread.
3. It helps maintain a healthy skin condition by preventing dry, itchy flaky skin that your dog might experience each day from licking or scratching until they bleed.
4. Keeps them smelling great!
5. Your dog will love it afterward.
If your dog doesn’t like to take baths, then here is what you do:
1. Always use a shampoo that is made for dogs and is tearless or dog-friendly because it will be much less stressful. We provide this for you at our dog wash stations.
2. Don’t force them into the water as you don’t want to make an unpleasant experience even worse! Lure them, and reward them with a treat.
3. After each stage, offer your dog a treat or play with them for a few minutes.
Praising your dog during their bath is the most important part of making it fun for them. The
The more they enjoy their bath, the better it will be for them!